Dedicated to the Patron Saint of the City, the Virgin of Altamira, it stands in the heart of the Old Town, on the site formerly occupied by the Hospital del Chantre. In Renaissance style, it was built over five decades of the 16th century, from 1523 to 1571, with late Gothic architectural elements. It has three naves of equal height, covered by star-shaped vaults, which are supported by huge ashlar stone columns.
| Address: | Plaza Santa María, 1 |
|---|---|
| Coordinates lat/lon: | 42.6832846 / -2.9529278 |